PAZ en Acción
We are living in a moment of opportunity and change; we witness the decision from the Supreme Court to uphold the most problematic pieces of SB1070 but along with that announcement we are also seeing hope… HOPE when our communities come together, STOP being afraid and take strategic action against the forces that are attacking them.
JOIN OUR MOVEMENT!
The primary responsibility of a Field Organizer is to recruit, manage and train volunteers in their communities and neighborhoods into teams that register, persuade, and motivate voters. These responsibilities include:
- Developing a plan to organize their turf based on its unique characteristics
- Building relationships with community leaders
- Identifying and cultivate volunteer team leaders
- Planning and executing events and trainings
- Maintaining team data and ensuring that it is entered quickly and accurately
- Leadership skills and the ability to manage a large number of volunteers
- Excellent motivational skills that help lead and encourage individuals
- Participate in trainings related to voter registration techniques and electoral organizing, as well as related topics as needed
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- Applicants should have at least one cycle of field experience on a political campaign
- Familiarity with NGP VAN is preferred
- Ability to multi-task in as fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Fluency in Spanish++
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of and commitment to constituencies and their community-based organizations
Position reports to: Regional Field Organizer
Salary & Benefits: salary commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
How to apply: Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
Promise Arizona is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.